Working & Consulting Core Principles
“I worked for large companies like corporate Godaddy.com, manager of PPC/SEO at Biovea.com and owned the best SEO company in Arizona, having sold that to move to Wichita, KS to be closer to family. After one year, Residual Rank was #1 for SEO in Wichita. Fewer clients, more personal attention. No cheap automated systems, no outsourcing.
I believe in being of great value to others and through that success comes naturally.” – Thomas (View me on Linkedin)
Some Of My Core Principles & Beliefs
It is rare these days to find people who truly care about the work they do and the effort that they put into the task at hand. It’s rare to find someone who recognizes an unfair agreement that’s in their favor, and then make adjustments to it so that both parties are getting an equal amount of benefit based on their value and not just their time.
It’s rare that companies aren’t afraid to answer the phone from a customer or person when they know it might mean a hard call or question or mean spending time solving a problem. It’s rare to find people who aren’t all about the money and “What am I getting?” vs “How can we both help each other equally?”.
After dealing with hundreds of people and literally over a hundred businesses, I’ve had to learn some lessons the hard way over time. These core principles were developed over the course of many wrong turns and rough decisions.
- Do What I Say I Will – Do exactly what I say I am going to do, every time (if I can’t, I provide a valid reason ahead of time and the task becomes priority)
- Always Answer – Always answer my phone, never a machine or answering service – I don’t care how busy I am, I am almost NEVER too busy to take a call, big or small, everyone is important (if for some reason I missed a call, I’ll call back immediately)
- Fair Agreements – Enter into fair agreements; I’ll only enter fair agreements that are clearly outlined and equally beneficial to both sides, never will I accept an agreement where I know my end or the other end is shorter
- Top Quality Work, Every Time – Do top quality, ‘no stones unturned’ workmanship for everyone, no exceptions
- No Cross Compete – I will not cross compete, if you’re my client, we’re going #1 and I’m not taking on anyone else in that same category in the same city, YOU ARE IT, let’s do it!
- Do What’s Right – Do what I know in my heart is the right thing to do, even if it means telling you that the painstaking time, money and effort you’ve put into a wrong decision needs to be completely redone, even if it means telling you that you are wrong and losing you as a client
- Stand My Ground – If what you want isn’t going to work out for your best long term interest, and ego aside.. I know better; and after a discussion with me regarding facts, some common sense, statistics and proof otherwise, and you still decide to do it anyway – you are on your own – any warranties, guarantees and promises of me helping you reach the top are out – I will not participate in your failure, only your success
- Realize When I Am Wrong – Sometimes I’ll start something and realize a better way, after I already made good headway. I”m not afraid to start over and do it the right away, starting immediately and without ego or complaint; sometimes the client is actually right, or has a good idea, and it was better than mine, I’ll never let ego sway me from changing my mind or being open to new ideas and criticism, no matter how harshly it was delivered
- Character vs Reputation – Character is what you do when no one is looking, Reputation is what people ‘think you are’. What I say I am and what you see, is exactly what you get.
- Resourcefulness – If I can’t do it, I can usually find or know someone who can help get it done, and I keep a small arsenal of people that share most or all of these principles, so no matter what it is, I can usually help
These are the only people I want for clients, if you meet this criteria in your personal and business life, then your my kind of people.